The ASCII-hul module recognizes and validates ASCII content streams.
The module is invoked by the:
jhove ... -m ASCII-hul ...
command line option.
This module can be configured with the following parameters:
- withTextMD=true to ask for the output of a textMD block in the text technical properties.
The following criteria must be met by an ASCII content stream for JHOVE to consider it well-formed:
- The integer value of every octet in the stream is in the inclusive range [0x00, 0x7F].
The following criteria must be met by an ASCII content stream for JHOVE to consider it valid:
- The ASCII content stream is well-formed
5 Representation Information
The MIME type is reported as: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
In addition to the standard JHOVE representation information, the module defines the following properties:
- Property "ASCIIMetadata" of type PROPERTY and arity LIST
- Property "LineEndings" of type STRING and arity LIST containing: CR, CRLF, or LF
- Property "ControlCharacters" of type STRING and arity LIST containing the control characters in readable form, e.g. "TAB (0x09)"
- If withTextMD, Property "TextMDMetadata" of type TextMDMetadata and arity SCALAR